Friday, 28 October 2011

I thought I saw...

This week's WoW challenge is a 5 minute stream of consciousness thingamie, which I tend not to be all that good at.  I just kind of ramble and spew words across the page.  Though I guess that's sort of the point?

In any case, I gave it my best shot.  This is completely unedited, aside from fixing the spelling mistakes I made in my frantic typing.  The prompt was "I thought I saw..."

I thought I saw a pussy cat.  Which is actually ridiculous, because I know he's sitting on my feet.  I can feel how warm he is, mostly because the apartment is so cold today.  We had snow this afternoon, the first of the year.  Winter is coming, I guess.  Inevitable, and all that.  I think there's a saying about that.  Could be wrong though.  I often am.  Winter means NaNo though, which is always fun.  I'm looking forward to it, even if I do plan on cheating this year.  I've already got a bit more than 6k of the story I plan on using for it written.  I just don't see the point in abandoning a story that's going well for something half-baked and thrown together at the last minute.  That's what I usually seem to end up with for NaNo plots, so I'm just gonna skip it this year.  The story I've got is going well, and I have some idea where it's going, which is rather rarer.  I decided this morning that I'm going to give one of the main characters pneumonia.  It actually solves a rather inconvenient plot hole I've been struggling with
I claim no literary merit for it, but that's what I've got this week.  My goal for next week, aside from starting National Novel Writing Month, is to actually get to Write on Wednesday, on Wednesday.  I don't think I've ever actually managed it, so it should be an adventure.

2 comments:

  1. And adventures are what life is all about!
    We had first frost here, more than a month late!! And I have cut down a lot of the raspberry canes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to let your mind and words wander - ideas come from that:-)

    ReplyDelete